If you’ve ever been to the Great NYS Fair and tried a wine slushie and wondered, “How can I make these?” we’ve got your answer! While there are products you can buy that you just freeze then enjoy, there is something to be said about the fun of creating your own and using your favorite flavors. We’ve found a basic recipe that you can use to create wine slushies out of your favorite wines (especially your favorite NYS wines). Once you’ve got the basic recipe down, start adding more flavors to create your perfect recipe!
Basic Wine Slushie Recipe (makes 4)
1 cup of wine (your favorite wine!)
2 cups of ice
1 1/2 cup of frozen fruit or sherbet of your choice – This is where you can get really creative! Think about the wine you chose and what flavors will go best. Look below for a few examples to get you started.
Pour all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a wine glass and garnish with a slice of the fruit you used.
Great pairs to get you started…
– Thousand Islands Moscato with Watermelon
– Fulkerson Rosé with Raspberries
– Montezuma Diamond with Pineapples
– Penguin Bay Blackberry Bandit with Raspberries and Blackberries
– Montezuma Fat Frog Blush with Orange Sherbet
– Adirondack Winery Soaring Strawberry with… Strawberries!
– Adirondack Winery Pinot Gris with Lime Sherbet and a splash of Triple Sec, garnish with an orange slice
– Any NYS Riesling with Apricots and Peaches
Wine Cube Slushy (serves 2)
12 ounces wine (your choice!)
Pour wine in ice cube trays and freeze until the cubes are firm.
Once frozen, put wine cubes in blender and pulse until you get a slushy like texture.
Pour and serve immediately.